Back to Course
Learning Labs: Inspiration(old)
Lesson 2, Topic 4
Nancy October 28, 2020
Nancy Otero is a laser cutter and AI fan. Her biggest passion is human learning, she has spent the last ten years working with educational organizations designing environments that mix technology with project-based learning. Nancy was the Founding Director of Learning Design at Portfolio School, a project-based learning school in NYC. Students from this program are the youngest presenters -6, 8, and 9 years old- at Stanford’s conference FabLearn. She was the Director of Professional Development at the awesome Beam Center in NYC, where she created a program that has served more than one hundred teachers and thousands of students. She co-founded FAB! a non-profit in Mexico that works with underserved communities for 5 years. Nancy was a OpenAI fellow, and a software engineer in her previous life. She has a Master in Learning, Design and Technology from Stanford University.
Problem solving: Modularity Example 2
Problem: Create a shape you want to laser cut.
- Divide it into small tasks
- Select an image you want to laser cut. The image must be the repetition of other shapes.
- Think about what shapes repeat in the image.
- Create a Block for one of the shapes.
- Create a Flow for repeating that shape until you create the image you want.
- Solve each task.
- Combine the solutions.